এইচএসসি ইংরেজি ২য় পত্র Gap filling activities with clue -02

2. 

in fact, since then, look forward to, as soon as, was born, so long, was rather, that is why, had better, a lot of.

a. Mukhlesur Rahman is such a common name that I ____   remind you where we met. It was at your daughter’s wedding last year.

b. ____   I am writing to you now. I should really be most grateful if you could put me in touch with anyone who could help or advise me.

c. But please don’t put yourself to ____   trouble on my behalf. My best wishes to you.

d. In fact I had every intention of remaining in Japan, but ____   I have changed my mind and I am very much inclined to come back to work in my native town.

e. Of course I haven’t forgotten you. I remembered who you were ____   I saw the signature at the foot of the letter. By a strange coincidence, we were talking about you the other day. 

f. So far he has not been able to find anyone to replace him. He wants someone who ____   and brought up here.

g. I ____   meeting you again. We send our best wishes.

h. I have been away now for ____   that I have very few contacts in Bangladesh.

i. Mr Altaf is the editor of a newspaper. He ____   worried because he is just about to lose one of his top journalists. 

j.  Her husband Mr Moniruzzaman is a very old friend of mine ____  , we were at school together and I came up from Dhaka for the occasion. 

Answer: a. had better    b. That is why    c. a lot of    d. since then    e. as soon as    f.was born    g. look forward to    h. so long    i. was rather   j. in fact

No comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.